The law office of Bates and Burnett was the first decentralized law office in the city of Vancouver. They occupied the Charles Brown House from May 31, 1946 to June 8, 1960. They are pictured above with the graduating class of 1905 from Vancouver High School. Mr. Bates is on the far left and Mr. Burnett is on the far right. The Charles Brown House has been used as a law office for the past 60 years.